OptumHealth needs expert home based telephonic case managers in several locations across the country to handle complex cases on behalf of our clients providing health plans.
Selected candidate will carry out several functions including, but not limited to:
- Keeping in sight health plan provider’s policies and criteria to ensure patients receive appropriate care from start to finish, ending with a welcome home call on discharge
- Interacting with chief officers in extreme cases
- Referring to outside services and coordinating care delivery
- Identifying flaws in current plans and providing inputs for improvements
- Assessing a member’s health condition, encouraging them to make improvements in lifestyles and documenting as well as tracking cases
- Candidate must have a BS in Nursing with RN license for the State
- Five years experience in intensive care and at least three years as Case Manager, with appropriate certification being an added qualification
- Computer skills, organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Additional work experience in managed care and discharge planning, risk management and analytics, preferred but not absolutely essential
- Prior work in providing telephonic support is a desirable asset
- Capable of informing, educating and assisting clients about symptoms, treatments, finances, health goals and understanding of the company’s policies and systems.
- Strong integrity, interpersonal skills, compassion and dedication are necessary
If you feel you meet these requirements and rise above challenges to make a mark in health care, get in touch with us. OptumHealth is an equal opportunities employer offering rewards and ample chances to grow with contributions that will be recognized and appreciated.
Interested candidates can apply here http://www.optumhealth.com/our-company/working-at-optumhealth